This Men's Toiletry Bag is handmade from discarded truck and car tire inner-tubes. It has one large compartment with waterproof lining. Make sure and read about the village that makes these and how they do that, below. It is so interesting!
DIMENSIONS: 9" L x 4" H x 6" D
PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF MEASUREMENTS. E-MAIL OR CALL US IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT SIZE OR CONDITION.
ABOUT THIS PRODUCER:
These recycled inner tube bags and accessories are being made by an El Salvadorian group that is providing employment for their community, fair living wages, training and job security. They are collecting inner-tubes that have been accumulated and would be thrown into landfills that pollute the Earth. Each item has its own distinct markings that come from the factories where the inner tube was manufactured.
WHAT IS FAIR TRADE?
Fair Trade means an equitable and fair partnership between global marketers and producers in Asia, Africa, Latin America and other parts of the world. A fair trade partnership works to provide low-income artisans and farmers with a living wage for their work.
WHO BENEFITS FROM FAIR TRADE?
The Fair Trade system benefits over 800,000 farmers organized into cooperatives and unions in 48 countries. Fair Trade has helped farmers provide for their families' basic needs and invest in community development. However, these farmers are still selling most of their crop outside of the Fair Trade system because not enough companies are buying at Fair Trade prices.
FAIR TRADE CRITERIA:
1. Paying a fair wage in the local context
2. Offering employees opportunities for advancement
3. Engaging in environmentally sustainable practices
4. Being open to public accountability
5. Building long-term trade relationships
6. Providing healthy and safe working conditions in the local context
7. Providing financial and technical assistance to producers whenever possible
8. Ensuring that there is no abuse of child labor