Made of sustainable plantation teak wood with a decorative inlay, each pair of chopsticks comes in a protective hemp sleeve adorned with a weaving indigenous to the Hmong Hill Tribe.
SOLD AS 1 SET, and EACH SET CONTAINS 6 PAIRS OF CHOPSTICKS, with assorted sleeve colours.
E-MAIL OR CALL US IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT SIZE OR CONDITION.
THIS PRODUCT WAS CREATED BY:
The Hmong Hill Tribe artisan communities from Northern Thailand.
WHAT IS FAIR TRADE?
Fair Trade means an equitable and fair partnership between global marketers and producers in Asia, Africa, Latin America and other parts of the world. A fair trade partnership works to provide low-income artisans and farmers with a living wage for their work.
WHO BENEFITS FROM FAIR TRADE?
The Fair Trade system benefits over 800,000 farmers organized into cooperatives and unions in 48 countries. Fair Trade has helped farmers provide for their families' basic needs and invest in community development. However, these farmers are still selling most of their crop outside of the Fair Trade system because not enough companies are buying at Fair Trade prices.
FAIR TRADE CRITERIA:
1. Paying a fair wage in the local context
2. Offering employees opportunities for advancement
3. Engaging in environmentally sustainable practices
4. Being open to public accountability
5. Building long-term trade relationships
6. Providing healthy and safe working conditions in the local context
7. Providing financial and technical assistance to producers whenever possible
8. Ensuring that there is no abuse of child labor